How to replace the upper door trim extension on the front door of your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado
If you need to take the upper door trim extension off your Silverado, here are the simple steps for removal.
- In order to remove the upper door trim, you must start by opening the door.
- There are retaining clips on the extension and to release them, you must pull the edge of the panel outward.
- Take the upper extension off by lifting it up, and then pulling it out.
When you are ready to put a new upper extension on or reinstall the old one, here are the simple steps for replacement.
- Take the upper extension and position the lower retaining edge to the trim panel.
- The retaining clips for the upper extension need to be aligned with the doorframe.
- Next, you will press the upper extension inward until the clips are engaged. This will secure the panel to the door.
© 2014 General Motors. All rights reserved.