If you need to take the upper door trim extension off your Silverado, here are the simple steps for removal.
- In order to remove the upper door trim, you must start by opening the door.
- There are retaining clips on the extension and to release them, you must pull the edge of the panel outward.
- Take the upper extension off by lifting it up, and then pulling it out.
When you are ready to put a new upper extension on or reinstall the old one, here are the simple steps for replacement.
- Take the upper extension and position the lower retaining edge to the trim panel.
- The retaining clips for the upper extension need to be aligned with the doorframe.
- Next, you will press the upper extension inward until the clips are engaged. This will secure the panel to the door.
© 2014 General Motors. All rights reserved.