How to replace the power door lock and window switch on your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado
Power door locks and windows are a convenient feature on your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado. Since they are electrical, there is a possibility that things can go wrong with them. Should you find that they are not working, you may need to replace the power window and door lock switch.
You need to start by removing the door trim panel. It is best to work with the window in the lowest position if possible. Use a trim tool to pry the lock bezel loose. The trim tool can also be used to pry the clips loose on the bottom of the panel. Work from the bottom up when removing the door panel.
Once you have the panel removed, you need to disconnect the connection to the wiring harness and remove the retaining screws on the switch panel bezel.
- Now you will take the door module out by using a flat tool to dislodge the clips that are holding it in place. Remove it from the bezel.
- Take the new door module and snap it into place in the bezel.
- Reinstall the door bezel and module back into the door.
- Replace the screw that holds the bezel in place, and tighten it to 18 lb. in./2 Y.
- Reconnect the electrical connection to the wiring harness.
- Reinstall the door panel by reversing the procedure. Make sure you reclip the panel.
The new door module will need to be reprogrammed by someone with access to a scan tool and GM Tis2Web. It will not operate until it has been reprogrammed.
© 2014 General Motors. All rights reserved.