How to Replace the High Mounted Stop Lamp on a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado
The high mounted stop light is a great safety feature on your 2006 Chevrolet Silverado. It gives drivers behind you another way to see that you are braking. Light bulbs burn out and covers can get cracked, so if you need to replace your stop lamp, here are the replacement instructions.
How to Remove the Lamp
- Make sure you have the headlight switch set to OFF.
- Remove the screws holding the lamp in place.
- Take the lamp off the vehicle.
- Disconnect the lamp from the electrical connection.
How to Install the New Lamp
- Connect the electrical connect to the new lamp.
- Place the lamp back on the vehicle.
- Tighten the lamp screws to 17 lb. in./ 2Y.
- Check to ensure the lamp is working properly.
Since the lamp is a safety feature, you need to replace it as soon as possible should it stop working.
© 2014 General Motors. All rights reserved.