Engine and transmission problems aren't too common on most GM products, especially if you follow the scheduled maintenance guide recommendations. Flushing your vehicle's automatic transmission periodically (as required), changing your vehicle's engine oil and filter frequently, and keeping a close eye on air and fuel filters all adds up to consistent, reliable performance.
However, if you have an engine or transmission problem, we're here to help. If you have a question about engine or transmission replacement or parts, please don't hesitate to call us.
We've compiled some information to help you diagnose and/or fix problems with your vehicle's powertrain, and you can find an alphabetical list of the guides we've created below. If you have a specific question about the parts you need, or if you see an issue with our guides, please contact us or call 877-498-7278.
GM Powertrain Repair Tips and Diagnostic Advice
- How To Flush a 4L60E Transmission
- How To Flush A 4L80E Transmission
- How To Repair A Cadillac Head Gasket Using Sealant
- How To Replace A GMC Blower Motor Resistor
- How To Replace A Saturn Clutch
- How To Replace Chevy V8 Intake Manifold Gaskets
- How To Replace Crankshaft Pulley on 1999-2006 Silverado
- How To Replace Saturn Belt Tensioner
- How To Replace A Saturn Motor Mount
- How To Replace A Silverado Tensioner Pulley