Looking for a road-going yet track-capable race vehicle, preferably in black or yellow? If so, you're a good candidate for a Corvette Racing C7.R Z06. While only 500 of these vehicles will be made for 2016, you can rest assured that you will be getting a one-of-a-kind race vehicle that's OK to drive on public streets.
Some of the key specs include:
- Each will be sold with the Z07 Performance Package that includes carbon ceramic brakes and elite Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
- Each will be minted with a specially serialized vehicle identification number
- The C7.R's will have yellow brake calipers, special graphics packages, and black wheels with a unique yellow accent strip
- Each will include a visible yet functional carbon fiber ground effects kit
- A black leather and suede interior with yellow stitching and special accents, including some trim pieces made from carbon fiber
- Some random other extras, like a special paint color for grilles and cents, an interior plaque with a limited-edition number, special door sill, plates, etc. etc.
Basically, this is a Z06 with the Z07 package and a bunch of unique accents that can't be found on any other factory produced Vette.
Says Harlan Charles, Corvette product and marketing manager, “combined with the 650-horsepower supercharged LT4 engine, true aerodynamic downforce and performance technologies such as Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management and an electronic limited slip differential, the Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition offers capability matched only by an elite fraternity of the world’s supercars and special-edition exclusivity that is sure to make it an instant collector’s item.”
As for pricing, if you have to ask...